$10 Million – Product Liability

Mr. Shapiro handled this Personal Injury action. Plaintiff‚ an 8 year old boy suffered massive burns when the family home caught on fire after his mother fell asleep with a "Gel Candle" still lit. After extensive investigation‚ suspicion was the fire started from the gel candle which was housed in a glass container. Plaintiff suffered devastating burns over 60% of his body. Suit was filed against the manufacturer. Discovery disclosed the glass which housed the "Gel Candle" was made from recycled glass. The major retailer who sold the candle had many stores around the country‚ stores which never communicated to each other that fires had started in multiple homes in which the occupants purchased these candles.

In the News Proven Results Practice Areas Awards & Memberships